Process new volunteer applications and assist volunteers in finding the positions that are best suited to them.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Review and process submitted volunteer apps within 48 hours of submission
- Accurately enter volunteer data in to the manage system
- Communicate with new volunteers
- Assist with placement of volunteers in positions that best suit their interests and skills
- Communicate with managers in each department to determine volunteer placement needs
- Manage the volunteer Facebook page
- Promptly respond to emails sent to email@example.com
- Must be 18+
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public.
- Work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people.
- Access to Internet at least 1-2 times a day.
- Smartphone highly suggested for accessing emails when needed
- Maturity, good judgement and a professional personal appearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction at times.
- Well organized
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to attend a quarterly meeting
Education and Experience
- Continued Education preferred
- Experience working with and coordinating large groups
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and office, especially word and excel
- Proficiency using Gmail preferred, including google drive (was google docs)
Ability and willingness to allow for a flexible schedule is key. Anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour a day is expected to be average.
- Administrative Support
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Group Facilitation
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- varies-expected to be 30minutes-1 hour per day
- Home Visit Volunteers
- Help an Animal in Need by...
- Website Design and Development...
- Feline Owner Surrender Intake...
- Adoption Day Event Coordinator
- Public Relations Board Member
- Foster Coordinator
- Vetting Assistant (help keep...
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Legal Counsel Board Member
- Fundraising Committee Members
- Vetting Coordinator
- Placement Coordinator
- Education Committee Members Needed
- Human Resources Board Member