18 people are interested
Process new volunteer applications and assist volunteers in finding the positions that are best suited to them.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Review and process submitted volunteer apps within 48 hours of submission
- Accurately enter volunteer data in to the manage system
- Communicate with new volunteers
- Assist with placement of volunteers in positions that best suit their interests and skills
- Communicate with managers in each department to determine volunteer placement needs
- Manage the volunteer Facebook page
- Promptly respond to emails sent to email@example.com
- Must be 18+
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public.
- Work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills - outgoing, patient, professional, and able to get along well with a variety of people.
- Access to Internet at least 1-2 times a day.
- Smartphone highly suggested for accessing emails when needed
- Maturity, good judgement and a professional personal appearance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction at times.
- Well organized
- Valid Driver’s license and the ability to attend a quarterly meeting
Education and Experience
- Continued Education preferred
- Experience working with and coordinating large groups
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and office, especially word and excel
- Proficiency using Gmail preferred, including google drive (was google docs)
Ability and willingness to allow for a flexible schedule is key. Anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes a day is expected to be average.
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Administrative Support
- Google Apps
- Basic Computer Skills
- Literacy / Reading
- Group Facilitation
- Data Entry
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- varies-expected to be 15 minutes-30 minutes per day