17 people are interested
Neighbor Network, a program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Companion Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing one on one friendly visits, phone calls and shopping trips to a member residing in Douglas County.
- Volunteers are matched with members based on location and common interests.
- Volunteers are given the contact information of their companion to make arrangements for regular visits.
- Volunteers are not allowed to assist clients with bodily care or handle medications.
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: Companion volunteers should schedule once per week contact that lasts 1-4 hours. If the volunteer is busy one week or out of town, a phone call is fine, otherwise it should be a face-to-face visit or outing.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: 303-814-4300 or ARDC@douglas.co.us
About Neighbor Network, a program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
104 Fourth Street, Castle Rock, CO 80104, US
Our Mission: Helping older adults stay independent and age with dignity by providing a volunteer network of services and support!
Douglas County's older adult population is among the fastest growing in the nation. Recent demographic projections illustrate that by the year 2030, one in four residents will be 60 or older. Neighbor Network has evolved over the past years in response to the mounting needs of our older adult population.
Neighbor Network provides a safety net for members, allowing older adults to remain active in the community while living independent in their homes. New members enter the program by completing an application and participating in a personal interview. At that time, specific needs are evaluated so that the Neighbor Network team can then assist with resources. Whether matching a volunteer for weekly companionship visits or help around the house; providing transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping or for other errands, Neighbor Network volunteers are eager to offer their hearts and their time. Along with our team of volunteers and partners from many local agencies, Neighbor Network strives to create an inclusive community so that members maintain maximum independence.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training