17 people are interested
Neighbor Network, a program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Companion Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Kathryn Raper, Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing one on one friendly visits, phone calls and shopping trips to a member residing in Douglas County.
- Volunteers are matched with members based on location and common interests.
- Volunteers are given the contact information of their companion to make arrangements for regular visits.
- Volunteers are not allowed to assist clients with bodily care or handle medications.
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: Companion volunteers should schedule once per week contact that lasts 1-4 hours. If the volunteer is busy one week or out of town, a phone call is fine, otherwise it should be a face-to-face visit or outing.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: Kathryn Raper, Volunteer Manager, 303-814-4300 or
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training