3 people are interested
Neighbor Network, A program of Aging Resources of Douglas County
MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Driver Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Kathryn Raper, Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing rides to members who reside in Douglas County so they can get to medical appointments, grocery stores and run local errands.
- Volunteers use their personal cars to pick up members from their home and remain at the appointment to take members home and/or to pick up prescriptions.
- Volunteers are not allowed to lift members into their cars. Members must be able to get in and out of the vehicle on their own.
- Volunteers call and confirm ride arrangements with the member the night before the appointment.
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 21 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: There is no required time commitment. We do receive more ride requests during the week (Monday-Friday) for medical appointments. Some weekend rides are requested as well. You may take as many trips per month as your schedule allows.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
- REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: Kathryn Raper, Volunteer Manager, 303-814-4300 or ARDC@douglas.co.us
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training