2 people are interested
Neighbor Network -
MISSION: Helping Older Adults Stay Independent.
TITLE OF POSITION: Driver Volunteer
SUPERVISED AND SUPPORTED BY: Lori O’Day Volunteer Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB: To support the mission of Neighbor Network by providing rides to members so they can get to medical appointments, grocery stores and run local errands.
- Volunteers use their personal cars to pick up members from their home and remain at the appointment to take members home and/or to pick up prescriptions. Volunteers also have the option of using Neighbor Network vehicle if transporting client in wheelchair.
- Volunteers are not allowed to lift members into their cars. Members must be able to get in and out of the vehicle on their own.
- Volunteers call and confirm ride arrangements with the member the night before the appointment.
- Volunteers may not accept any form of payment, tips or gifts in exchange for their volunteer service.
- Must be age 25 or older
- Must have reliable vehicle with current driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Desire to assist seniors and adults with disabilities.
TIME COMMITMENT: There is no required time commitment. We do receive more ride requests during the week (Monday-Friday) for medical appointments. Some weekend rides are requested as well. You may take as many trips per month as your schedule allows.
- The opportunity to make a difference in your community and in the lives of seniors and adults with disabilities.
- There may be grant stipend funds available to help offset volunteer’s gas expense. You have the opportunity to request this when you report your monthly hours.
REQUIRED SCREENING: Applicants must pass a background and reference check and have a clean motor vehicle record.
CONTACT: Lori O’Day, Volunteer Manager, 303-814-4300 or
We'll work with your schedule.
104 Fourth St.Douglas CountyCastle Rock, CO 80104
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training