What’s Your Impact (WYI) is looking for people who would like to use their programming skills to serve a good cause: helping our planet. WYI is an environmental awareness group whose main goal is to inform people about climate change and what they can do about it as individuals.
WYI is currently working on a tool aiming to help people to take action to manage their negative impact on the environment. The web application developer will be in charge of developing a single-page application (SPA) to assist our team on this project.
If you’re concerned with environment issues and want to make this cause thanks to your computer skills, then join our team now!
- Work closely with the different teams (graphic designers, management etc.) to understand their needs and translate them into software.
- Create, design, develop, test, and support single-page applications.
- Responsible of responding to the different teams’ expectations and deliverables on time.
- Have an interest in environmental issues.
- Possess a strong understanding and relevant experience in developing single-page applications.
- Experience with AngularJS would be an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple assignments is a must.
- A team player and with also the ability to work well independently.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or in a related field with experience in single-page application design would be an asset.
Job Location: Montreal or E-Work/Telecommuting
Time Commitment: Our volunteers are required to do 1-2 hours of work per week but we use a team approach so that the workload is flexible based on the time our volunteers can give us. On any given week you are in control of how many hours you volunteer. During that time we are always available for questions and any other support we can offer.
Employment Type: Volunteer Position. This is a great opportunity for those who wish to support a great cause within the non-profit sector, and expand their experience in the field.
Volunteering with What's Your Impact, what's in it for me?
1) Working alongside individuals who share your values and are passionate about the environment
2) Gaining valuable experience working in the non-profit sector
3) Having the ability to work on projects that match your passions
4) Expanding your professional portfolio/CV
5) Professional reference letter based on performance after a minimum of 8 weeks of volunteering
More info about What’s Your Impact? Visit our "about us" page http://whatsyourimpact.org/about-us
Questions about this posting? Send us a message http://whatsyourimpact.org/get-involved/contact-us
- Website Programming
- Computer Science
- Mobile Programming
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment