Great Lakes Caring Hospice, a leading care provider in the Midwest, is looking for compassionate volunteers willing to donate their time to provide exceptional end-of-life care to local hospice patients and their families.
Great Lakes Caring depends on volunteers to help meet the needs of our patients. As the Volunteer Coordinator, I oversee all volunteers in the Kalamazoo area. I recruit, train, supervise, and retain all volunteers. I am looking for a Volunteer Assistant to work alongside me in the office. This person will assist with recruiting duties, help with retention, and other miscellaneous volunteer needs.
Some of the duties will include:
· Updating internet postings
· Traveling with the Volunteer Coordinator to post recruitment flyers in the area
· Updating the Volunteer Newsletter
· Traveling with the Volunteer Coordinator to special events, such as Veteran Pinnings, Tea Parties, Volunteer Fairs and Senior Fairs
· Making Orientation Packets
· Organizing donation items
The ideal candidate will be organized, dependable, personable, creative, self-motivated, and compassionate. Volunteer hours are flexible within the work week ( Monday-Friday from 8a-5p), but the candidate would ideally be available twice a week for 3-4 hours at a time. Commitment of at least six months preferred.
For more information, contact Dana @ 800-379-1600 ext. 3221or dperrin@GreatLakesCaring.com
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Community Outreach
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment of at least six months
- This is a volunteer opportunity
- Niles Area Companion Volunteer...
- Volunteer Office Assistant...
- St. Joseph Co. - Companion...
- Improve Your Resume Through...
- Companion Volunteer Needed -...
- Volunteer Hairstylists Needed
- Calhoun County - Companion...
- Berrien Co. - Companion...
- Colon Area Companion Volunteers...
- Grand Junction Companionship...
- Branch Co - Companion Volunteers...
- Caring Companion Needed