Join a small, talented team of non-profit communications professionals at Save The Bay and gain hands-on experience in online communications, data management, and community engagement.
Save The Bay inspires community action by providing all residents with the chance to make a difference in their own backyards through both advocacy and volunteer opportunities along the shoreline. Our communications team acts as a hub of collaboration with our policy, fundraising, and restoration staff to engage local residents in this vital work.
The Environmental Communications Fellow works as an active member of our team, gaining valuable experience in social media engagement, online advocacy, email marketing, creative writing, and data management. Learn real-world communications skills on today’s most popular platforms, including Wordpress, Salesforce, and social media advocacy tools.
Fellowships are a 12-16 week commitment and expect to work at least 24 hours per week. Transportation reimbursement is available.
- Ability to commit an average of 24 hours per week during normal business hours over a 12-16 week period
- Interest in San Francisco Bay environmental issues
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills
- Experience and/or interest in volunteer stewardship
- Willingness to learn and use web-based tools, Salesforce database, and software programs
- Ability to complete tasks independently
- Enthusiasm for Save The Bay’s mission and programs
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please make sure to include the position title in the subject line.
Please review our website to find information on session dates and application periods for all of our Fellowship opportunities.
- Project Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 10-16 weeks, 24 hrs/wk