Creative Writers Wanted!
43 people are interested
This is such a tough find! If you are linguistically adept with a passion for dogs and animal welfare, and if you have some time each week to let your fingers tickle the keyboard, let us know! We need volunteer creative writers to help craft posts for our Facebook page and keep our audience engaged. We are also starting a blog this year, and our dogs occasionally need bios too. There is need for good writers in many aspects of rescue work! This volunteer position can be done remotely and at any time of day or night thanks to the FB scheduler. However, we hope our volunteers are close enough that we can meet in person at events, etc. and besides, don't you want to meet your Wagging Dogs?? :) Our writers are a critical part of our rescue effort and have the potential to make WDR really stand out from our peers! Our wordsmiths should be/have:
- passionate animal lovers :)
- innovative, expressive, driven people
- detail oriented with excellent grammar and language skills
- ready access to email as this is our main means of communication with the writing/content team/Founder
- familiarity with Google docs
- personal Facebook account and familiarity/expertise with this social media space
- INNER CREATIVITY that will help us connect with our audience more and drive engagement with our page (and thus other sites)
- career marketing and/or social media experience an added bonus!
- with TIME to commit
- We are looking for volunteer writers who are dedicated and committed to this work. Even though it doesn't pay in cash, this work is every bit as important as your 9 to 5. The compensation comes in a different form and we think it's well worth it. We're looking for folks who believe in WDR and are committed to the organization's effort. Volunteers for this position should be local to SoCal and over 25.
- Please email VOLUNTEER@WAGGINGDOG.ORG if you are the passionate, crafty linguist we need so very much! You can download a Volunteer Application here - http://waggingdog.org/resources - and send that in with your email.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21