HOME Line is seeking an intern to assist with community outreach in the Spanish-speaking Community.
Primary duties may include:
- Identify and develop collaborative relationship with community agencies throughout Minnesota that work with Spanish speaking renters.
- Recruit volunteers who can speak Spanish and are culturally proficient to provide tenant advocacy through the tenant hotline services.
- Provide outreach to the Spanish-speaking community in order to identify tenant issues affecting the community and to connect Spanish-speaking renters to the tenant hotline for services and support.
- Translate HOME Line materials into Spanish, and provide interpreting for HOME Line community organizing and advocacy meetings when needed.
- Assist HOME Line in adapting our rental advocacy programs to the specific needs of Spanish speaking renters.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English and verbal fluency with Spanish required.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Access to transportation is extremely helpful, but not required.
- Effective public speaking skills and excellent phone skills.
- Individuals with legal, organizing, or housing backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with and understanding of the issues important to urban, rural, low-income communities, communities of color, and other oppressed and/or vulnerable populations.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per week preferred