Kids Ocean Day 2019
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
18 people are interested
KIDS OCEAN DAY Adopt-A-Beach Clean-Up is at Dockweiler State Beach on Thursday, May 23, 2019, for the 26th year. Thousands of elementary students are brought together for a beach clean-up and a kid-formed Aerial Art message. The kids will also form individual shapes on the beach.
Thursday, May 23, 2019
7:30am - 2:00pm
Volunteer Roles and Duties:
Thursday 5/23 -7:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Set up base camp tents, tables, chairs and sign-in desks.
- Set up parking, traffic and bike path signs.
- Unload supplies.
- Manage traffic pattern of cars and buses.
- Recycling/Water/Bathroom Center.
- Parking buses.
- Meet students as they arrive.
- Guide, mentor and lead kids through the clean-up and lunch.
- Help the kids form the AERIAL ART on the sand.
- Help kids with recycling and trash removal.
- Clean up and break down facilities.
- Put all the supplies back onto trucks.
- Unload supplies at off-site storage.
Where: Dockweiler State Beach (The end of Imperial Highway between Playa del Rey and Manhattan Beach)
Contact: email: email@example.com
Thank you in advance for you generous heart and enthusiastic spirit! To sign up to volunteer or for more information, please visit www.kidsoceanday.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Dockweiler State Beach8255 Vista del Mar*Enter parking via Imperial Hwy*Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Youth Services
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Please refer to posting