We need YOU! Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is on a mission to build homes for families in Nashville. Our ReStores support our overall mission and they function with a small staff team. This is where we need you!
Come use your skills, gain some experience, and meet some wonderful folks by joining us as a friendly and organized volunteer who helps schedule donation pick-ups for the ReStore donation truck.
Volunteers will help staff the donation hotline, return messages left by clients wanting to donate to the ReStores, and help schedule the best times for the donation truck to retrieve clients' donations. Some familiarity with computers, as well as good email and phone communication skills are a plus. All necessary training will be provided during orientation.
We have flexible time commitments and will do our best to work with your schedule!
Once you express interest in this opportunity, Habitat will be in contact to provide more information and schedule an orientation.
Thank you for showing interest, we cannot wait to meet you!
SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Answering Donation Hotline
- Returning phone messages left by clients wanting to donate to ReStore
- Booking dates/times for client’s donations
- Enter donation data/client information to computer spreadsheet
- Communicating with customers via phone and internet
- Attention to details and good writing skills
- Friendly, helpful and clear verbal communication
- Sedentary work. Sitting most of the time, walking and standing are required occasionally
- Shift Days: Monday thru Saturday - flexible around work study
- Shift Hours: 4 hour shifts (desired), 2 hour shift (minimum), 6-8 hour shift (maximum)
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Very flexible with your schedule
- Community service/court ordered service available for truancy, traffic violations, school req...