Locations: Greater Hartford
Duration: Pick ups and drop offs occur on Wednesday mornings. Ongoing volunteers are needed for commitments of one month or more, six months or longer encouraged.
Depending on your role, your tasks may include:
* Pick up and drop off food donations at a local transitional living home and/or local food outreach ministries
* Lifting boxes of donated food
* Loading boxes into vehicle
Impact: By serving with this volunteer opportunity, you will help meet basic needs of people in the Greater Hartford community. Your contribution will help to work towards increasing the impact of basic needs provision through an environment that fosters a culture of respect and dignity, and helps people gain stability in their lives.
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer
* 18 years or older
* Have a clean driving record
* Have access to reliable transportation
* Available on an on-call basis
* Be able to lift up to 25 lbs
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 month commitment, prefer 6+ months
- Dietician/Nutritionist Needed!
- Are You Handy? Housing...
- Prayer Volunteers Needed!
- Tutor and Mentor Students In...
- Help Clothe People in Need!
- Spanish Translators Needed!
- Greet Youth & Provide...
- Help Provide a Warm Meal to...
- Serve Families in Need! Mobile...
- Got Musical Talent? Help Provide...
- Food Pantry Shopping Assistants...
- Volunteer at an After-School...
- Are you able to lift up to 50lb...
- Be a Children's Sunday School...
- Food Loaders Needed!
- Do You Enjoy Children at Play?...
- Help Sort Donations & Stock...
- Direct Care Assistants Needed...
- Food Pantry Greeters Needed!
- Food Donation Pick-Up...