Marketing and Communications Committee Member - WordPress Developer/Graphic Designer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where6601 Custer RoadPlano, TX 75023
See www.lighteningalliance.org for details.
The Marketing and Communications Committee is responsible for raising community awareness of the mission and objectives of the organization. This committee serves as the public relations interface between the organization and the media.
Volunteer Position as Follows:
WordPress UX Developer/Graphic Designer, VolunteerVolunteer Description
Lightening Alliance (LACDC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking a part-time web developer/designer volunteer to improve our website’s creative and functional prowess. In addition to interfacing with the LACDC team, this candidate will work directly with the marketing and communications director from concept to completion. Skill sets should include project management, organization, communication, thought leadership and expertise in web development & interface design. Strengths should demonstrate a dedication to excellence and a passion for execution.
The ideal candidate will view this role as an opportunity to showcase a complex and diverse project within their portfolio, which would demonstrate their project management, WordPress expertise and dedication to a long-term project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design concept and site architecture to UX best practices
- Code and implement WordPress sites from Photoshop layouts through html/CSS to a custom theme, functions, and plugins
- Design and implement security features, code updates, new features, enhancements and content
- Create a re-usable code and template library to streamline the WordPress development cycle
- Provide WordPress training, site documentation and maintenance to LACDC members
- Ensure WordPress site to be mobile ready
- Ensure design flow encourages relationship building, donations and volunteerism
(Note: Must have all of the experience listed below):
- Be able to commit 10 hours per month for a minimum of 2 years
- 3+ years experience in web development and interface design
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and graphic design
- Strong knowledge of current web development languages (including HTML5, CSS3, PHP/MySQL)
- Strong knowledge of graphic design programs Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with web and usability standards
- Active user of social media
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Attention to detail
Other skills a plus...
- Familiarity with video for web a plus
- Experience with dynamic, geo-related, data-driven and/or e-commerce sites a plus
- Motion graphics and/or 3D skills a big plus
To apply, please submit your resume and URLs of projects you’ve worked on with descriptions of your specific contributions to email@example.com.
About the Lightening Alliance
Formed in 2010, Lightening Alliance has been serving teens emancipated from foster care, run-aways and other young adults at risk of homelessness in North Texas. We are an all-volunteer organization with a passion for addressing the needs of this under-served and often overlooked population.
Our program integrates one-on-one training and group classes specifically designed for a holistic approach to physical, mental and emotional health with emphasis on combating the negative impacts of abuse, neglect, abandonment and post traumatic stress disorder.
Together we can make the difference.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 10 Hours per Month