Job description: The Retail Management Intern is a part-time internship position that involves providing outstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandising, and protecting ReStore’s assets. More specifically, the intern will be working on the cash register, providing customer service, helping price merchandise, assisting with volunteer management, answering phone calls, and maintaining cash wrap area.
Training and resources: Upon starting the internship, the intern will be familiarized with the policies, procedures, and goals of Habitat ReStore. They will then be shown how to use the register, how ReStore’s pricing policies work, and they will be familiarized with our operating budget. The ideal candidate should have a background in retail whether it is work experience or classroom education they are looking to translate into real world experience.
Time commitment: At least 12 hours per week in ReStore required.
Benefits: The volunteer will learn about Habitat for Humanity’s mission of building simple decent affordable housing. S/he will: a) learn ReStore’s role in attaining the affiliate’s goal, b) engage in a meaningful volunteer experience, c) gain hands-on, retail experience, and d) learn how to manage volunteers and how to maintain an operating budget.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 12 hours per week
- See position description
- ReStore General Internship -...
- ReStore Retail Management Intern...
- ReStore Social Media Intern -...
- ReStore Volunteer Cashier
- ReStore Donations Coordinator...
- Habitat ReStore - Rockville
- Habitat ReStore - Silver Spring
- Construction Crew Leaders, Unpaid
- Volunteer Engagement Intern
- ReStore Design and Merchandising...
- ReStore Donation Acquisition...
- Family Partner Committee