Adoption Coordinator Needed
Adoption Coordinator - Job Description
The roles of the Adoption Coordinator are focused around promoting adoption of Friends of Willow rabbits. The Adoption Coordinator works directly with the Operations Director. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following types of activities:
- posting of adoptable animals on Petfinder and other adoption sites
- responding to adoption inquiries
- reviewing incoming adoption applications
- educating potential adopters in rabbit care
- organizing meet & greets with rabbits and potential adopters
- coordinating placement of adopted rabbits
- managing adoption events and pet of the week features
- maintaining adequate records of adoption processes
- reporting activities to the Operations Director as requested
The Adoption Coordinator position requires someone with excellent communication and organization skills, good management skills, and the ability to enforce policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for rescuing animals, will be comfortable working a diverse group of people, and will be familiar with FOW’s mission.
This position is currently an unpaid volunteer position. The position requires approximately 8-10 hours per week, split roughly evenly between online/phone communication and direct contact with potential adopters. Some travel within in the state of Maine and administrative expenses may be required. All volunteer related expenses are tax-deductible.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 11424Portland, ME 04104
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- 8-10 hours per week