- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
Come and Volunteer with NDG facilitating workshps to children and youth while you experience Guatemala culture.
You can choose between:
- Short-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 4 weeks of time, and up to 3 months.
- Long-term international volunteer program at Niños de Guatemala will be of at least 6 months, and up to 1 year.
- Be flexible, motivated and willing to change children's lives.
- A positive attitude
- An appreciation of new cultures that will help you settle in Guatemala and enjoy all of the new experiences;
- Be 18 years old or older .
- Commit to at least 4 weeks of volunteer work, and a min of 20 hours a week.
Dedicated volunteers are key to our mission of breaking the cycle of poverty through education in Guatemala. Through our various volunteer programs, you can get off the beaten track and experience Antigua's wonderful culture, people, and landscapes, all while giving back in our schools.
Our volunteers come from all types of backgrounds and range in age from eighteen to sixty. We have an average of five people volunteering with us at any given time. During high season, however, there may be as many as fifteen volunteers in our programs at once.
Volunteer work description:
The Teacher's Assistant Program is the most active volunteer program available and the one that needs the most support from volunteers. The highest priority is with our youngest students (4-6 years old). Depending on how many volunteers we have at any given time you could expect to be working with kids that range from 4 years to 12 years old. Volunteers are paired with a grade from one of our schools to aid one of our amazing teachers in their quest to help these children grow and develop, learn about the world around them, and put them on a path towards success. As teachers’ aids, volunteers are responsible for helping individual students, creating educational materials and keeping the children on task.
The Morning Program at our schools is based on the national curriculum (Curiculo Nacionál Base) designed and approved by the Guatemalan Ministry of Education. This includes classes in mathematics, language, history, science, art, and physical education. Following this curriculum ensures that our students will ultimately receive a diploma accepted throughout Guatemala.
Step 1. Read NDG´s International Volunteer Catalogue and choose the program that works best for you.
Step 2. Please fill in the Volunteer Registration form
Step 3. Send background check one week before arrival to email@example.com *
Step 4. Choose your best payment option or fundraise your package price using our Crowdrise Platform.
Language/Cultural Support AvailableWE WELCOME
We'll work with your schedule.
4 Calle Oriente #28Antigua Guatemala, 502Guatemala
- General Education
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 week minimum
- 1. Motivation letter 2.Resume 3.Passport copy 4. Application form