Warehouse Volunteers Needed to Support COVID-19 Food Distributions!
Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
The Hand Up Food Pantry believes in helping clients reach self-sufficiency by providing hand up, not just a hand-out, to clients experiencing food insecurity. They accomplish this by connecting clients to resources, in addition to providing emergency food relief to hundreds of families each day through our Home-Delivered Meals, onsite Drive-Thru Food Distribution, and community food distributions throughout San Diego County. The JFS Warehouse is located at the Balboa Avenue location and houses all food donations.
Goal of Position:
Warehouse volunteers are vital to helping us serve hundreds of people in need daily who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In the warehouse, volunteers prepare boxes of frozen meals, groceries, and food distribution bags, as well as sort through donations. Volunteers get to fight food insecurity and help those most at risk during the pandemic in a tangible way.
- Prepare boxes of freshly-prepared frozen meals
- Prepare boxes of pre-packaged groceries
- Sort through food donations
- Stock food pantry shelves
- Assemble food bags for distribution and emergency food bags
- Provide at least 48 hour notice if you need to cancel your volunteer time
- Must be 18+
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must wear closed-toed shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting dirty
- Must wear PPE (if you do not have your own, it will be supplied)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, physically intense warehouse
- Must be able to provide own transportation to the Turk Family Center
- Gain valuable nonprofit experience
- Learn about food insecurity and hunger in your community
- The knowledge that you made a difference in the lives of hundreds of families and individuals
Multiple shifts available (Mon-Fri, 9:00am-12:00pm, or 1:00pm-4:00pm)
Jewish Family Service * Turk Family Center * 8804 Balboa Avenue * San Diego, CA * 92123
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
8804 Balboa Avenue, SAN DIEGO, CA 92123, US
Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. Our wide range of integrated services Empower Individuals & Families to Move Toward Self-Sufficiency, Support Aging With Dignity, and Foster Community Connection & Engagement throughout San Diego County and the Coachella Valley.
Founded in 1918, we are one of San Diego’s most impactful non-profit human services agencies. Last year, we served more than 39,500 clients, including over 17,000 asylum seekers at the JFS Migrant Family Shelter. Our broad network of staff, volunteers, supporters, and community partners are committed to the pursuit of one shared goal: helping individuals and families in San Diego Move Forward.