Work with the marketing and other committees to help coordinate promotional, PR and other marketing activities. Help to ensure that the marketing committee continues to communicate through all its channels, develops new audiences and meets the Museum’s growing needs.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Writing, communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Familiarity with Constant Contact is a plus; must be willing to learn.
- Interest in the history and culture of Boston’s West End is a plus.
- Marketing or PR background desirable, but not essential.
- Participate in strategic communications planning.
- Contribute to marketing projects, e.g., electronic communications, brochure design, promotional campaigns, etc.
- Manage submissions of calendar listings to community newspapers, local websites and Museum-affiliated organizations.
- Ensure that event listings are submitted to third party email lists determined by the Museum.
- Provide support to marketing committee for Museum e-newsletter.
- Work with programming committee to secure descriptions of exhibits, programs and events.
- Coordinate scheduling of monthly marketing committee meetings and take minutes.
Much of this volunteer position is done remotely, although you need to be available once a month for marketing committee meetings. You’ll need to be able to commit approximately 3-5 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
To apply, please send your resume and a note about any relevant experience not reflected on your resume.
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment