The volunteer will provide support with doing client intake when they come to the Pantry for assistance. Tasks include confirming eligibility, updating records and assisting with general office duties. Support is generally needed Wednesday afternoon between the hours of 1:30 and 4 pm.
Requirements:The volunteer needs to be someone with a natural ability to connect to clients. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Must be patient, great with Excel.
Food pantries provide food to those most in need. By helping to distribute food in an organized way, you will help create a clean and dignified atmosphere. By confirming eligibility and updating records, you will help provide people with access to other services they may need.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Many Volunteer Opportunities...
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Become a New Immigrant Mentor
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...