Change the Life of Our Campers in a Week - Serve as a Camp Counselor!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Looking for something fun to do this summer? Are you energetic, creative, and enthusiastic? Do you like working with youth and being a part of a FUN team? Are you looking to gain experience in the health care field or working with people with special health care needs?
If YES, then Camp Promise-East is looking for YOU!
We are currently recruiting volunteers who are mature and responsible individuals, who like working hard and who are willing to learn. Camp Promise-East (www.camppromise.org) is a one-week overnight camp for kids, teens, and adults with muscular dystrophy and select neuromuscular diseases. We believe all kids should get to experience the magic of camp, regardless of their medical needs or physical abilities. Our schedule is jam packed with theme days, pranks, costumes, summer fun, and activities that are 100% wheelchair accessible. We provide camp and medical care free of charge to our campers and highly value our volunteers who help make this happen.
Available positions include:
- One-on-one counselors to provide personal care and assist with daily activities.
- Program staff (photographers, yearbook editors, camp newspaper, computers, science, sports, drama, music, etc.)
- Medical staff (licensed nurses, doctors, physical therapists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, etc.)
This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are dedicated to giving back to their community, or those who are interested in a career in the healthcare field and who are looking for experience working one-on-one with individuals with special health care needs.
While, helpful, experience is not required as we provide all necessary training at our orientation session prior to camper arrival.
Our volunteers are 18+, come from diverse backgrounds and from all over the country, so whatever your skills may be, if you are committed to making camp the best week of our campers' year, we'd love to hear from you!
- Dates: June 7- June 13, 2020
- Location: Hardwick, NJ
- Requirements: Be at least 18 years old, submit an application, complete an interview, and pass background and reference checks.
- Application deadline: May 18, 2020
- Website: www.camppromise.org
How to Apply:
Learn more about our application process and visit www.camppromise.org/apply to apply today.
For more information, please contact Shannon Healey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 459-PIGS (7447).
About Jett Foundation's Camp Promise
36 Cordage Park Circle, ste 328, Plymouth, MA 02360, US
To improve the lives of those living with muscular dystrophy.
Camp Promise is a free, weeklong camp for kids, teens, and adults with neuromuscular disorders. Camp Promise is free to campers thanks to the generosity of our donors and volunteers who provide 24-hour one-on-one care to our campers.
62 Sunset Lake RoadHardwick, NJ 07825
- Physician Assistant
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- entire week of camp
- No experience needed; training is provided onsite. Please see our website www.camppromise.org