Do you love to cook but don't have enough people to cook for? Do you love meeting people from around the world? Here's the solution - provide a homemade dinner for hostel guests!
Join our volunteer team, and plan and facilitate a low-cost, homemade group meal. This is a unique experience that helps our hostellers interact with other travelers from around the globe, as well as get to know local volunteers and staff.
Dinners are on Wednesday nights and volunteers are needed to arrive at 5:30 pm to begin cooking and the program is over around 8 pm.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
- People Skills
- Cooking / Catering
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Group Facilitation
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training