Help Hospice Patients with your Administrative Skills!
Are you exceptionally organized and detail oriented?
Do you want to help a great cause while using your administrative skills?
Do you believe that patients and families dealing with a life-limiting illness deserve compassion, kindness and excellent care?
Do you like being part of a team of wonderful office staff who enjoy their jobs and helping each other?
Do you have an interest in data analysis, patient care, office administration or the behind-the-scenes of the healthcare field?
Are you one or more of the following:
- A fabulous phone personality?
- Someone who always gets compliments on their organized desk/kitchen/playroom?
- An enthusiastic filer of documents?
- A person who makes spreadsheets even when they may not be necessary?
- Someone who takes great satisfaction in completing tasks in a short time period?
- A former Office Manager, Hospital Administrator or Secretary?
- A current Business or Medical Administration student?
You may be JUST THE VOLUNTEER WE'RE LOOKING FOR.
The team at Kindred Hospice in Oak Brook is looking for dedicated volunteers who can assist with the office work that is essential to providing wonderful care to our hospice patients and their families. This role is needed during regular office hours (anytime 8am-5pm, Monday - Friday).
Typical duties may include:
- Directly assisting Volunteer Manager with maintaining records, files, mailings, spreadsheets and more for a growing Volunteer Department.
- Writing cards to patients, families, and Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living Facility staff.
- Assisting the Quality Coordinator and Patient Care Secretary with filing, faxing, and prepping paperwork
- Answering phones or making calls to caregivers about patient needs.
- Updating files for compliance audits
Passionate about providing patients in hospice and their families with excellent care.
Willing to get a PHYSICAL/TB TEST and FINGERPRINTING BACKGROUND CHECK
Willing to commit to a minimum of 2 hours a week (weekdays between 8 and 5) for a full year
This is truly special work in a kind and nurturing environment. We believe we make a difference every day and we are looking for a very special volunteer to join our team.
About Kindred Hospice
800 Enterprise Drive, Suite 111, Oak Brook, IL 60523, US
To help patients remain at home and in their own communities, surrounded by friends and family, while receiving the highest-quality, most compassionate home-based care possible.
Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States. Named a Fortune magazine Most Admired Company six years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.
Hospice provides a family-oriented model of care designed to meet the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of patients in life's final season. Hospice programs are designed to comfort the patient and family and embraces the classic hospice model.