The mission of the St. Louis Arc is to empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to lead better lives by providing a lifetime of high-quality services, family support, and advocacy.
St. Louis Scene Meet Up offers adults(18 and over) with intellectual and developmental disabilities a variety of recreation and leisure opportunities to explore their community. Staff and volunteers will be stationed at fun and exciting locations in the St. Louis metro area on weekends. Examples include, GoKart Racing, City Museum, and Six Flags.
Time and location of activities varies - all activities occur on weekends. Volunteers will receive a calendar of events in advance. Note: volunteer admission to activities is paid for by the Arc.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Outdoor Recreation
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- One Weekend / Month
- Volunteer Application, Background Screening, Orientation
- Enjoy Cooking with Family &...
- Children's Music Therapy
- Strike! Spare! Teen Bowling!
- Teen Meet Up Volunteer
- Got Game? Join the St. Louis Arc...
- Cooking with Family and Friends!
- Let's Dance! Volunteer with a...
- Strike!! Bowling Volunteer
- Early Start Denver Model (ESDM)...
- Share the Joy of Reading with...
- Get in Touch with Your Wild Side!
- Hole-In-One! Golfing
- Spend your Spring Break at Camp...
- Music Moves!
- Nothin' But Net! Inclusive...
- 20 Somethings Meet Up Group
- St. Louis Scene - Weekly Meet Ups!
- Be a Team Player! Inclusive...
- Become an All-Star! Softball...
- Aging With Empowerment