Therapeutic Afterschool Program in Fall River Needs Volunteers
46 people are interested
TAP, a program of Justice Resource Institute, is a therapeutic after-school program for children ages 6-12 who have emotional, behavioral, and social challenges. The program is designed to assist youth in learning age-appropriate coping strategies to handle and express their feelings safely. Youth learn these skills through participating in daily group therapy sessions and structured activities.
If you wish to work in a caring environment with young children, TAP provides a wonderful service and learning opportunity. Volunteers with TAP fulfill a valuable service to our programs.
TAP is held daily from 2:30 - 5:30PM during the school year. During school vacation weeks and part of the summer, the program is run from 9AM - 12PM.
The three program sites (Norton, Plymouth, and Sandwich) each participate in a summer camp component.
You can choose to participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Provide assistance to the youth during the milieu by helping them with writing or reading (if applicable).
- Assist a staff person with individual or group activities (if applicable).
- Play board games or cards (if applicable).
- Share stories and listen (if applicable).
- Preparing and passing out snacks (if applicable).
- Assist in field trips (if applicable).
- Provide clerical/administrative assistance (if applicable).
- Be a mentor (if applicable).
We'll work with your schedule.
1575 North Main StreetFall River, MA 02720
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training