Food Market Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
36 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of your neighbors by ensuring they have food on their tables? Are you detail oriented? Do you prefer a steady work flow in a behind-the-scenes setting? Becoming a Food Market Volunteer may be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Food Market Stocking Volunteers examine and organize donated food items (i.e. fresh fruit, canned products and bakery) so they are ready to be stocked on our shelves. This is one of the more important opportunities at CEAP, as our food shelf clients depend on CEAP for a great deal of their monthly food supply. It is the Food Sorter's job to make sure the items our clients receive are high quality items, and are suitable for their families. This role does require some lifting, and majority of the shift will be spent standing.
Want to bring your work or church group? Great! We have lots of food donations to sort and stock. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About CEAP - Community Emergency Assistance Programs, Inc.
7051 Brooklyn Boulevard, 1st Floor, Brooklyn Center, MN 55429, US
CEAP stabilizes individuals and families in financial distress and maximizes their ability to live independently while preserving their dignity.
We serve NW Hennepin County & Anoka County with:
- Emergency food services
- Professional & family clothing in our Thrift Store
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Programs
- Back-to-school supplies and backpacks
- Holiday toys for families in need
- Baby supplies (layettes, diapers, blankets, etc)
- Handmade quilts & blankets
We'll work with your schedule.
7051 Brooklyn Blvd.Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
- Inventory Management
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Shifts Currently Available Monday-Friday 8-4:30. Morning, midday, and afternoon shifts, and evening shift on Wednesdays.
- Volunteers commit to a weekly, biweekly, or other agreed upon schedule.