Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to teach and guide disadvantaged youth and adolescents by providing developmental services through mentorship programs.
MRU is currently seeking a Local Grant Writer who will prepare and send grant proposals in accordance with the programs, goals, and financial needs of the organization. Position also responsible for researching potential funding sources and keeping accurate records to track and submit proposals. If an organization supplying a grants needs additional information it will be the responsibility of the grant writer to answer questions or supply missing information.
A time commitment of two (2), four (4) hours days will be required. Local volunteers will work at an MRU location and work closely with MRU staff. Driving to and from location is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Research potential grants.
- Write proposals in accordance with MRU’s programs, goals, and financial needs.
- Edit and revise proposals as needed.
- Keep accurate and organized records.
- Work closely with founder to learn company programs, goals, and financial needs.
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Valid PA driver's license
- Proven written communication skills
- Experience researching and writing grants
- Experience with marketing and communication
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-4885703 -When you Shop Amazon think Youth
- Grant Writing / Research
- Child Welfare
- Visual Arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Two (2), four (4) hours days
- Commitment until project is completed.
- Principal Trainer
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Marketing Committee Member
- Virtual Grant Writer
- Adminstrative Intern & Driver
- Local Grant Writer
- Enrollment Coordinator
- Marketing & Business Plan Writer
- Development Fund Committe Members
- Administrative Volunteer
- Media Distribution Volunteer
- Editor & Written Communicator