54 people are interested
Northern KY Teens need YOU! Program Aides Wanted (Newport, KY) *HIGH NEED!*
ORGANIZATION: Mentoring Plus
Please visit the new page to apply.
54 people are interested
How would you like to support the staff that work closely with our kids and their families?
Our in-person programming needs program aides to assist staff members with our evening activities during late afternoons and early evening hours, once per week.
Program aides can help by:
- providing support and encouragement to youth
- assisting with youth activities or games
- helping with logistical and administrative tasks
- transporting youth to or from program
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mentoring Plus
801 York Street, PO Box 72202, Newport, KY 41072, US
With a deep love for youth as our foundation, we believe that by forming relationships of mutual trust and respect, giving equal importance to social, spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional needs, we can empower disadvantaged youth and families to heal, meet basic needs and create opportunities to fulfill their potential and contribute to the well-being of the community.
Mentoring Plusis an initiative unlike any traditional mentoring program. With the vital personal support of a strong adult role model, youth are provided a full array of services giving equal emphasis to social, spiritual, physical, intellectual and emotional needs.
HOW IS MENTORING PLUS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MENTORING PROGRAMS?
While one-to-one mentoring is a powerful and proven intervention and the "heart" of the program, we also partner with community agencies to meet the needs of youth and their families.
- We recognize that addressing critical family needs is key to long-term and lasting change for the youth.
- We engage youth in their community in positive and healthy ways such as team sports, the arts, organized youth groups and community service. This process offers youth an opportunity to break away from a negative peer culture and form healthy relationships with adult role models.
- Life Coaches model healthy spirituality and present opportunities for youth to explore their personal spirituality.
- Life Coaches interact with youth through supervised and structured activities.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The program serves youth in Northern Kentucky between the ages of 13 and 18 who have a history of substance abuse, poor school performance, delinquency and poor peer and family relationships.
- Program staff work with the youth and family to develop a Coordinated Care Plan that guides all service delivery so as to meet the needs of each youth and family via Mentoring Plus services or community agency referral.
- Each youth is matched with a trained volunteer who serves as a positive adult role model (Life Coach), spending about 2-3 hours per week with the youth for a commitment of at least one year. One-to-one interaction between the Life Coach and youth serves as the central program component.
- Along with mentoring, four core areas are addressed by program staff: substance abuse, life skills, career/job skills and education.
- The Life Coach, supported and guided by the staff, is the person who directly assists the youth to learn and to effect change.
801 York StreetNewport, KY 41071
December 14, 2022
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening.