Hospice Volunteers - Patient and Family Support and Administrative Support
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where510 N Valley Mills Drive, #703Multi-county - McLennan, Hill, Falls, Bosque ++Where the patient lives - home or facilityWaco, TX 76710
Gentiva Hospice allows volunteers to particpate in many roles supporting patients and families, including:
- Administrative - help out in the office organinzing files and answering phones.
- Bereavement - reaching out to loved ones after the loss of their loved one through letters. calls and support groups.
- Community Outreach - educate the public about hospice care.
- Direct Patient Support - provide companionship to patients through reading, helping with hobbies, and relieving family and friends.
- Professional Services - pet therapy, massage therapy, hairstyling, music, accounting, etc.
We believe in dignity and respect for each patient we serve. As a hospice volunteer, you can help ensure that every monment really does matter.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a month or more
- Compassionate, good listener, and a desire to help others are the most valuable qualifcations.