Teach English to Immigrants and Refugees in North Minneapolis
137 people are interested
Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council!Current Morning Volunteer Opportunities
- Pre-Beginning ESL Teacher, Thursdays: 10 am-noon
- ESL 1-1 tutor - choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thu, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- ESL story reading co-teacher - choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thu, 9-10 a.m.
Current Evening Volunteer Opportunities:
- Pre-Beginning ESL Lead Teacher-- Tues from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Beginning ESL Lead Teacher--Thurs, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Intermediate ESL Lead Teacher--Mon, Tues, or Wed 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Advanced ESL Lead Teacher--Wed, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- GED RLA Lead Teacher--Wed. from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- ESL classroom assistants, all levels--choose one shift /wk: Mon or Tues, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Citizenship 1-on-1 tutor--help students prepare for the citizenship exam! Choose one shift/wk: Tue or Wed for two hours between 2:30-6 p.m.
- Navigator - choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thurs between 4:00-8:00 p.m. Help learners write resumes, apply for jobs, complete online trainings, and practice interview skills.
- Office assistant -- choose Mon-Thurs between 4:00-8:00 p.m. Correct tests, file papers, assist with data entry.
No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required! Curriculum and materials are provided.
Make a difference in someone's life by helping them learn the English language.
For more information, click on "I want to help" below, or email email@example.com.
About Literacy Minnesota
700 Raymond Ave, Suite 180, St. Paul, MN 55114, US
Literacy Minnesota is the only statewide, nonprofit, volunteer literacy organization in Minnesota. As a leader and advocate for literacy, Literacy Minnesota provides a variety of cost-effective literacy-based services designed to help achieve the personal, educational and economic goals of Minnesotans.
Founded in 1972, Literacy Minnesota is Minnesota's only non-profit, volunteer-based, education provider that operates statewide. Through a network of over 100 community and school-based programs, we provide free classes for individuals lacking the most basic reading, writing and English-speaking skills. We serve both native-born Americans and refugees and immigrants.
We'll work with your schedule.
Sumner Library611 Van White Memorial BlvdMinneapolis, MN 55411
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 Hours per week