Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council!
Tutoring Center Volunteers
- M-Th 9:00 am - 8:00 pm (volunteers help for 1 hour at a time, or more if they choose)
- ESL Story Reading Group Teacher, Mondays 9-10 a.m.
- Writer's Workshop Teachers (Advanced English Learners), Tuesdays 9:00 - 10:00am
- Beginning ESL Lead Teacher, Wednesday 6:00-8:00pm (Highest need)
- Advanced ESL Lead Teacher, Thursday, 6:00-8:00pm (Highest need)
- Intermediate ESL Teachers, Tuesdays and Wednesday 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Advanced ESL Lead Teacher, Mondays 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Pre-Beginning ESL lead teacher, Monday and Thursday 6-8 p.m.
- Beginning ESL Co-Teachers or assistants: Monday-Thursday 6-8 p.m. (pick 1 day/wk)
- GED Math co-teacher or classroom assistants, Tuesdays 6-8 p.m.
- 1-on-1 tutors or small group teachers, Mondays-Thursdays from 4-5 or 4-6 p.m. (choose 1 day per week)
No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required! Curriculum and materials are provided. An excellent 12 hour training course, provided by the Minnesota Literacy Council, will be offered and required during your term of service.
Make a difference in someone's life by helping them learn the English language.
For more information, click on "I want to help" below, or email email@example.com.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 Hours per week