Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council!
Morning Volunteer Opportunities:
- Pre-beginning ESL classroom assistant: Thu, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Story reading teacher: Mon, 9-10 a.m.
Evening Volunteer Opportunities:
- Lead ESL teacher. Choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thu, 6-8 p.m.
- ESL classroom assistant. Choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thu, 6-8 p.m.
- Reading group teacher. Choose one shift/wk: Mon or Thu, 4-6 p.m. (ideally) or 5-6 p.m.
- Computer lab assistant. Choose one shift/wk: Mon-Thu, 4-6 p.m. (ideally) or 5-6 p.m.
No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required! Curriculum and materials are provided. An excellent 12 hour training course, provided by the Minnesota Literacy Council, will be offered and required during your term of service.
Make a difference in someone's life by helping them learn the English language.
For more information, click on "I want to help" below, or email email@example.com.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 Hours per week