Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council!
Tutoring Center Volunteers
- M-Th 9:00 am - 8:00 pm (volunteers help for 1 hour at a time, or more if they choose)
- ESL Story Reading Group Teacher, Mondays 9-10 a.m.
- Writer's Workshop Teachers (Advanced English Learners), Tuesdays 9:00 - 10:00am
- Beginning ESL lead teacher, Wednesdays 6-8 p.m.
- Beginning ESL Co-Teachers or assistants: Monday-Thursday 6-8 p.m. (pick 1 day/wk)
- Beginning ESL story reading teacher, Tuesdays from 5-6 p.m.
- GED computer lab monitors, Mondays and Thursdays from 4-5 p.m or 5-6 p.m.
- 1-on-1 tutors or small group teachers, Mondays-Thursdays from 4-5 or 4-6 p.m. (choose 1 day per week)
No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required! Curriculum and materials are provided. An excellent 12 hour training course, provided by the Minnesota Literacy Council, will be offered and required during your term of service.
Make a difference in someone's life by helping them learn the English language.
For more information, click on "I want to help" below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 Hours per week
- Help adults gain essential...
- Help adults study for the GED!...
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...
- Youthbuild Tutor
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Administrative and Coordinating...
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...
- Help your neighbors build...