The American Cancer Society in Northwest Washington is a voluntary health organization dedicated to prevention and elimination of cancer as a health epidemic. There are many volunteer opportunities available, including:
- Road to Recover: Volunteer to drive patients to and from treatment
- Look Good... Feel Better: Cosmetologist volunteer to provide free classes for cancer patients
- Reach to Recovery: Breast cancer survivors pair up with newly diagnosed cancer patients and offer peer-to-peer support
- Cancer Resource Centers: In Everett and Edmonds, volunteers provide cancer patients with vital information and access to resources.
- Relay For Life: a volunteer leadership teams plan and organize these 21 community events across Northwest Washington which raise funds for the American Cancer Society and support local cancer survivors. With roles from accounting to marketing, lend your skills to help create a world with less cancer.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Snohomish County: a volunteer leadership teams plans and organizes this 5k non-competitive walk every October to raise funds for Breast Cancer services and research initiatives.
- Night of Hope Gala: a volunteer leadership team plans and organizes this distinguished event in November, which brings together community, business, and health care leaders to raise funds for the American Cancer Society.
Northwest Washington Leadership Council
- Community leaders who meet quarterly to advise the American Cancer Society's program of work and fundraising activities and act to champion the mission of the American Cancer Society across the region.
- Event Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Depends on volunteer job, average 4-8 hours/mth