Help get people out in their gardens - while encouraging sustainability and healthy lifestyles!
Spring Garden Market is an annual plant sale and educational fair that takes place at History San Jose (adjacent to Kelley Park). It's a fun event with many opportunities to learn and share.
We're looking for volunteers to work one of two shifts: 8:30a-11:30a or 11:30a-2:30p. These hours will count as volunteer service hours for students. The things you'll be doing:
- Maintain a "Plant Check" area, much like a coat check for the plants our customers have purchased
- Help patrons load their cars with plants / other items purchased
- Help setting up and taking down tables as the event progresses
This is a great activity for high school and college service clubs. Let us know if you're interested and we'll follow up with more information and details on meeting time & place.
You can learn more about this event here:
- Event Design & Planning
- Cooking / Catering
- Environmental Education
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 3-hours: 8:30a - 11:30a or 11:30a - 2:30p
- Need to be able to lift and move boxes of purchases, including live plants. Cheerfulness helpful!