Help get people out in their gardens - while encouraging sustainability and healthy lifestyles!
Spring Garden Market is an annual Master Gardener plant sale and educational fair that will take place at Martial Cottle Park. It's a fun event with many opportunities to learn and share.
We're looking for volunteers to work one of two shifts: 8:30am-11:30am or 11:30am-2:30pm. These hours will count as volunteer service hours for students. The things you'll be doing:
- Maintain a "Plant Check" area, much like a coat check for the plants our customers have purchased
- Help patrons load their cars with plants / other items purchased
- Help setting up and taking down tables as the event progresses
This is a great activity for high school and college service clubs. Let us know if you're interested and we'll follow up with more information and details on meeting time & place.
You can learn more about this event here:
- Event Design & Planning
- Environmental Education
- Event Management
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 13
- 3-hours: 8:30am - 11:30am or 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Need to be able to lift and move boxes of purchases, including live plants. Cheerfulness helpful!