Erie Neighborhood House is looking for a volunteer office assistant to come in on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon. The volunteer would assist in the community literacy office, which offers one-on-one tutoring sessions for adult learners in ESL, GED and citizenship classes. Primary responsibilities would include: answering phone calls and taking messages, making copies, ensuring that tutoring sessions are going as planned, assist in the orientations for new and prospective volunteers, give tours of the building.
We would like for the volunteer to start as soon as possible. The ideal volunteer would be able to work every Saturday, as an ongoing opportunity. The ability to speak Spanish is a plus, but not a necessity.
The current program coordinator will be available to shadow the volunteer for their first couple of weeks.
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Once a week for 3 hours
- English as a Second Language...
- One on one English as a Second...
- Small Group ESL Tutor
- ESL Volunteer Tutor
- Teaching English To Adults
- Adult Education Tutor
- Tutor in Chicago Public Schools
- ESL Lesson Plan Creator
- Part-time Office Assistant
- Interpreter for Citizenship...
- Volunteer Office Assistant...
- Volunteer Office Assistant