We are looking for 10 - 12 persons who would be willing to help staff the State Emergency Operations Center at the WV VOAD desk in the event of a declared emergency. Volunteers would have to undergo training, likely have a background check, and be available to staff the WV VOAD desk from four to eight hours at a time. Basic computer skills would be helpful but we can train you to do what needs to be accomplished.
You would be a liaidon between the State EOC and WV VOAD, accept requests and forward to the VOAD Incident Commander, complete VOAD documentation/forms as needed, listen in and report on daily briefings, and would be asked to work 4-8 hour shift covering a 12 hour period (usually 8 am to 8 pm).
We have seen major emergencies in the last two years and this winter has been a rough one with snow and flooding. The VOAD desk at the EOC is one which is critical in assisting during the disaster but even as important is in the recovery afterwards. You would be in a position to assist the orgaization in know ing who needs assistance and sending aid their way.
Please consider this opportunity and know that it is in an office stting not the field. We are looking for people predominantly in the Kanawha County area but are not limited to this.
- Customer Service
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hrs per shift
- Assisting Your Community - WV VOAD
- Disaster Action Teams - ARC
- Disaster Case Managers - WV VOAD
- Fostering Futures - CASA
- Volunteer Services Support Team...
- Disaster Preparedness - ARC
- Food Pantry Support - Madison...
- RSVP of Boone County
- Make a Difference - CASA
- Service to the Armed Forces - ARC
- Disaster Center Assistance - ARC...
- Save a Life - ARC Dis Srvc
- Health and Safety Course...
- Help Others to Continue to Drive...
- Tax Aide Assitance - WV AARP
- Fire Safety Teams, Home Fire...