Girl Scout Outreach is a team composed of staff who provide after school programming for girls K - 12 throughout San Diego county schools and community groups. Our programs combine engaging discussions, exciting demonstrations, hands-on group activities, songs/ games and take-home projects! Our team empowers groups of girls (10 to 200 girls per site) with leadership skills as we engage them with a variety of programs.
We Are Looking Volunteers Who Have:
* A passion for teaching elementary and upper grade students
* Experience working with elementary age students (teaching, tutoring, coaching, camp counselor, etc.)
* Excellent skills in team environment
* Availability (minimum) 1 afternoon per week, two to three hours between 11:00-5:00 p.m.
* Have a working, reliable, insured vehicle to drive to and from sites/ schools
Become a Girl Scout volunteer in 4 simple steps:
1) Complete a quick and easy online screening. Instructions below. ($1 financial assistance available).
2) Register as a Girl Scout Member. Membership ensures you are covered by Girl Scouts’ additional insurance. ($15 financial assistance available).
3) Attend a volunteer orientation.
4) Set a start date! Connect with volunteer lead to map out your new schedule.
- Public Speaking
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour once a week
- Passion for the Girl Scout mission!