The children at our North Minneapolis location look forward to a healthy snack bag assembled with love by members of the surrounding community.
If you, a group of your friends, or your company would like to donate assembled snack bags for children to eat after therapy, during classes at our preschools, or at our Drop-In Childcare, please adhere to the following guidelines:
Healthy Snack Bag Contents
- Due to possible allergies, please refrain from including any items that contain peanuts.
- For health purposes, all items should be prepackaged from the manufacturer.
- We are unable to accept food items that have been divided and placed into food storage bags.
- Example: Dividing a large bag of pretzels into several smaller bags by hand.
- Juice Boxes
- Bottled water
- Dried Fruit
- Granola Bars (no nuts)
- Apples Sauce
- Fruit Cups in Water
- Fruit snacks (sugar free if possible)
- Trail Mix (no nuts)
- Plastic Utensils (Spoon/Fork)
NOTE: Each bag should cost under $5.
Here are a couple of crafty ways to make this activity even more fun ...
- Use paper bags and have the children decorate with drawings, stickers, etc. (if doing so, please refrain from any religious and/or political references)
- Place each item in a pile along the outer edge of a table/countertop and have the children fill the bags while moving in a circle. Video the assembly line and then speed it up for high-speed fun.
- Take photos before/during/after and share online (remember to tag The Family Partnership) and/or share with your friends/family. I often share these photos internally and externally to show off some of the great work our volunteers are doing.
- General Education
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Community Outreach
- Child Care
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment