Serve as the primary communications link between C.A.R.E. and the community. Provide publicity for shelter activities and events open to the general public, as well as selected newsworthy events that are not open to the public
- Make a list of targeted media and information about the process and criteria for submission.
- Develop a list other outlets for publicity such as local organizations that are amenable to publish information about our events in their newsletters or Web sites. Get dates for our events on the calendars of these organizations, when possible
- Create a master calendar with timelines/deadlines.
- Make certain that all press releases, written by others, are Print Ready.
- Develop a positive working relationship with local media outlets
- Submit press releases in a timely manner to local media outlets.
- Public Speaking
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Most responsibilities can be completed from a virtual location with minimal time on-site at the shel