Cafe on the Mezz presents our Volunteer Service and Professional Development Program (VSPD):
- Work with a multi-generational team of teens, college students, young adults, and senior adults who will grow and develop the Café program into your own
- Meet new friends and make a lasting impact on the people you meet at the café
- Gain leadership and relationship-building skills
- Work at several stations including the Café cart, tablet and game desk, dinner ticket table, dinner service, and other areas tailored to our volunteers’ interests or ideas
- Facilitate activities of interest including planning fun events and activities, designing flyers, sharing technology information and usage of mobile and tablet apps, fundraising, marketing, etc.
- Optional opportunities to develop and lead own workshop, class or event with the support of our staff and volunteer team
- Be part of the Advisory Committee to develop and implement your ideas for the café, new programs and events
- Explore and engage in our programs and events at Sirovich Center as a whole--we have lots!
- Opportunities to receive gift cards, movie tickets, and more!
Opportunities to Volunteer Include:
- Cafe cart responsibilities:
- Setting up and closing the cafe cart
- Serving customers' orders
- Create smoothies, serve tea, coffee and cookies
- Offer board games, tablets, and technology instruction (cell phones, tablets, etc.)
- Interact and play games with seniors
- Lead Classes of interest including Technology, Arts & Crafts, etc. (ie. Origami class, Acting workshop, Chinese class, Health workshop, etc.)
- Assist with developing and marketing new classes, programs and event planning
- Design program flyers, assist with outreach etc.
- Create Cafe Monthly Newsletter and Calendar
- Assist with scheduled café activities including:
Other Special Eventsf
- Opportunity to enhance your professional and career skills and interests!
Participate in ongoing Meetings, Trainings, and Workshops:
o Monthly Inter-generational Workshop, Projects and Events
o Monthly Cafe Advisory Committee Meetings
- Volunteers serve flexible hours from Tuesday -Friday, 2:30-5:30pm
- On average, volunteers serve a minimum 2-7 of hours per week
- Minimum 1 day a week commitment required
- Must be 14-25 years old
- Customer Service
- Food & Beverage Services
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers serve flexible hours from Tues-Friday
- Must be 14-25 years old.