We are looking for students ages 14-21 who love watching movies and have a passion for tobacco prevention!
Become a Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! Movie Reviewer while we still have spots available. Reviewers receive training, attend one meeting per month, and get to see at least one movie a month for FREE, all while earning community service hours.
- Be between the ages of 14-21
- Attend one initial 1-2 hour training session
- Provide own transportation to and from TUTD meetings (usually held on the 2nd Monday of each month from 4pm-5pm at Breathe’s downtown Sacramento office)
- Have access to an email account
- Represent the organization as a non-smoker
Carry out an analysis of tobacco depiction in movies:
- Review movies for tobacco content and perceptions using the TUTD methodology
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings held year round
- Complete review sheets and provide movie tobacco summary by target date given
- Promptly communicate with staff via email as necessary
- Recruit friends, family, and classmates to participate in TUTD
Raise the level of awareness of young people about tobacco use in the media and inoculate your peers against pro-tobacco messages:
- Participate in the annual Breathe Youth Media Awards event
- Share information learned through TUTD with friends, family, and classmates
- When able, present TUTD information to other organizations and groups
- Serve as spokespersons for TUTD and the organization (after receiving special training from staff)
- Earn community service hours
- Earn letters of recommendation for scholarships and college admission
Our next reviewer training is scheduled for February 26 from 4pm to about 6pm! Trainings are at our downtown office located at 909 12th Street, Sacramento, 95814. Applications can be downloaded at www.sacbreathe.org/tutd.
For more information about this project or the training, contact Claire Garcia at (916) 444-5900 ext. 214 or email email@example.com.
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hrs/month
- Be between the ages of 14-21. Attend one initial 2 hour training session.