We are looking for students ages 14-22 who like watching movies and have a passion for tobacco prevention.
Become a Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down! Movie Reviewer while we still have spots available. Reviewers receive training, attend one monthly meeting and get to see at least one movie a month for FREE, while earning community service hours.
- Be between the ages of 14-22
- Attend one initial, 1 ½-2 hour training session
- Provide own transportation to and from TUTD meetings (usually held on the 2 nd Monday of each month 4pm-5pm at Breathe’s downtown Sacramento office)
- Have access to an email account
- Represent the organization as a non-smoker
Carry out an analysis of tobacco depiction in movies
- Review movies for tobacco content and perceptions using the TUTD methodology
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings held year round
- Neatly complete review sheets and provide movie summary by target date given
- Promptly communicate with staff as necessary
- Recruit friends and family members to participate in TUTD
Raise the level of awareness of young people about tobacco use and inoculate against pro-tobacco messages found in the media
- Participate in the ceremony at the annual Hackademy Awards
- Share information learned through TUTD with friends and family
- When able, present TUTD information to other organizations and groups
- Serve as spokespersons for TUTD and the organization (after receiving special training from communications staff)
- Earn community service hours
- Earn letters of recommendation for scholarships and college admission
Our next reviewer training is on August 6th, 10am-noon, at our office located at 909 12th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. Applications can be downloaded at www.sacbreathe.org/tutd.
For more information about this project or the training, contact Renata at (916) 444-5900 ext. 218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4-10 hrs/month
- Be between the ages of 14-22. Attend one initial, 1 ½-2 hour training session.