Pebbles of Hope is looking for a part-time volunteer Public Relations Manager to help us build awareness of the organization and secure national publicity. In this role, the successful candidate will lead the development and execution of a public relations strategy designed to build our public image, drive awareness of our mission and programs and tell the Pebbles of Hope story. This detail-oriented individual will manage relationships with media, identify and execute publicity opportunities and evaluate the effectiveness of our PR programs.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional writing abilities, and a solid network of contacts with media.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
PR Strategy Development
- Develop PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to build awareness of the Pebbles of Hope mission and to strengthen public perception of the organization.
- Translate overall organization messaging strategy into statements that are accessible and relevant for media
- Pitch stories to both local and national media. Achieve the highest visibility for Pebbles of Hope in print, TV, radio and online media outlets
- Advise on developent of media kits for distribution to key media outlets
- Arrange interviews for the senior management team with leading media outlets across the nation
- Identify and manage opportunities to engage celebrity ambassadors to act as spokespeople for the organization
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-4 hours per week
- Completed or pursuing a bachelor's degree in English, Communications or a related field an