Our teachers and students would benefit from classroom volunteers who would like to assist a teacher in the classroom. Activities for which volunteer support would be most appreciated are for things like:
- Help a student with a specific learning deficit on that day's lesson in our Learning Resource lab, or
- Read to a student, or listen as they read aloud to you, or
- Use flash cards to help students learn words, multiplication tables, word sounds, etc., or
- Assist younger children with learning the alphabet, colors, numbers and in identifying letters, shapes, rhyming words, etc., or
- S upervise games, and other areas where an extra pair of hands are needed, or
- Help p repare bulletin boards or hands-on teaching materials.
Volunteers may volunteer for a single class period, part of a day, a full day, once per week, twice per week, and so on. We'll do our best to make a good match for you.
Please feel free to visit our website at www.Glenwoodacademy.org to learn more about our unique residential school and the specialized programs we have to offer to bring deserving students up to and beyond their grade level.
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Various-depending on compatible schedules
- Background?and experience in working with children in a classroom setting.A strong desir