Help empower the children of recent refugees!
You are needed to tutor children of refugee families; assist with homework and allow them to practice their new language skills.
Great Opportunity to share you knowledge of American Culture with new families in the area!
Tutoring occurs in the homes of the families, mostly on the west side of Cleveland and inner ring suburbs, such as Lakewood; weekdays between 3-8 pm
Make an impact in as little as 2 hours per week.
Mandatory Background check; orientation and trainings.
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- weekly; 2 hours per week; minimum of 4 months
- Bring love & joy to a senior in...
- Have a heart for the disabled? ...
- Enjoy children? Be a lunch room...
- Teach new families about the US!
- Help others search for jobs!
- Have a heart for those with...
- Experienced tradesman needed!
- Brighten a resident's day!
- Ensure families receive food!
- Refugees need your help!
- First generation college...
- Retail therapy lovers wanted!
- Do you have a green thumb? Be...
- Become a friend to an inmate
- Help students succeed!
- Be a friend to a HS student- be...
- Help a student succeed in...
- Feed growing teens!
- Cancer patients need your help!
- Prepare others for a 1st...