Our parrot and exotic bird rescue could use your help!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
158 people are interested
We are looking for passionate animal lovers who are willing to help us in our rescue and who are not afraid to get their hands a little dirty once in a while. We are a 501(c)(3) specialty animal shelter dedicated solely to the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing of abused, neglected and otherwise unwanted parrots and pet birds. We handle approximately 300 cases per year with 100+ birds in the shelter at any given time.
This volunteer opportunity is open to people with or without bird experience. Primarily we need help with housekeeping (cage cleaning, etc.) and socialization/rehabilitation, as well as occasional administrative duties.
Whether you're available a few hours a day or a couple hours a month, we'd love to hear from you. Every little bit helps and, believe it or not, even if you're an occasional visitor to the rescue, it helps the birds in ways that might surprise you.
Helping out with these animals can be extremely rewarding and, for the right people, a whole lot of fun. Why don't you join us?
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Northeast Avian Rescue, Inc.
13 Couse Place, East Greenbush, NY 12061, US
The mission of the Northeast Avian Rescue is:
- To inform the public about the proper care for avian pets.
- To remove pet birds from situations that are abusive, endangering or neglectful when permitted.
- To provide foster care for birds which can no longer remain with their owners.
- To place rescued or fostered birds into permanent adoptive homes.
- To discourage avian breeding for the pet trade, in favor of adoption.
The goal of NEAR is to rescue, rehaiblitate and re-home abused, neglected and otherwise unwanted parrots and other exotic pet birds. We seek experienced and inexperienced adopters for the various shapes, sizes and breeds of birds arriving in our shelter on a near-daily basis. We offer as many services as possible to support our birds and charge no adoption or other rescue-releated fees.
We'll work with your schedule.
11 Couse Pl.East Greenbush, NY 12061
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- As little as a couple hours per month, mornings, days or evenings.
- Under 18 must have permission of parent or guardian