Volunteer Title: English Tutoring Program (ETP) Coordinator
This volunteer helps provide tutors and students the information that they need for their tutoring sessions. The English Tutoring Program (ETP) Coordinator volunteer will report to the Director of Education.
The duties of the ETP Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the pairing of ETP students and tutors on a weekly basis.
- Answer tutor questions about lesson planning.
- Contact clients of ETP sessions to remind them of start and end dates and other pertinent information about these classes.
- Contact tutors as needed regarding ETP matters.
- Assist the Director of Education and Education Program Coordinator in collecting quantitative and qualitative data of ETP student growth.
- Track student and attendance data.
- On an "as-needed" basis, occasionally tutor an ETP student.
- Respond to ETP student and tutor concerns on a timely basis, alerting the Director of Education of these concerns as well.
- Assist with ETP orientation and professional development activities.
- Experience teaching and tutoring preferable
- Cultural sensitivity and willingness to work wit people from different backgrounds
- A habit of being detail-oriented
- Good listening skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in language in addition to English is extremely helpful but not required
- Thursdays, 6-8 p.m.
- Two hours a week
To apply, please complete the International House Volunteer Application form found on the website. Please submit the following documents to Samantha Williams, AmeriCorps ACCESS Volunteer Coordinator, Swilliams@ihclt.org. In the subject line, please indicate ETP Coordinator.
- Volunteer Application (can be accessed at http://www.ihclt.org/volunteer.php#ETPCoord )
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Each Thursday, 6-8pm