The Poverello Center provides groceries for people living with Chronic Illnesses and that live in South Florida. In order to keep the operation up and running, we need volunteers to assist in the day to day operation of the Thrift Store, Eat Well Center, and Live Well Center. Volunteer opportunities range from packing groceries for clients to sorting and pricing the donated items in the thrift store. Our thrift store proceeds are used to support our Eat Well and Be Well Centers.
- In our Eat Well Center we need volunteers to greet clients and help them with their grocery menus as well as preparing their orders.
- Our Administrative offices is in need of volunteers to assist with data entry.
- The Live Well Center is a full service gym that includes alternative services where we provide acupuncture, chiropractic needs, massage, Reiki, and haircuts.
Poverello also holds special events throughout the year to help raise money for the Eat Well Center. These events always need volunteers to assist in set up and break down, ticket, raffles, and silent auctions. We encourage you to call or email our events coordinator for dates and times.
For Corporate days of giving or larger groups, contact our volunteer coordinator for information. Often this can be the most rewarding way for groups of 12 or more. We can also help you set up a food drive to assist us in feeding our clients.
We offer opportunities for retired people as well as people who need to fulfill community service hours and people who just want to give of their time, and we are very willing to work with volunteers in terms of scheduling so that our needs and yours meet.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- TBD individually and by group needs.