Mission: The Latino Union of Chicago collaborates with low-income immigrant workers to develop the tools necessary to collectively improve their social and economic conditions.
Job Description: Latino Union's Development & Communications Intern will support Latino Union's fundraising staff in writing website, enewsletter and social media content; creating marketing materials; researching potential funders; expanding Latino Union's individual donor and translation services programs; planning and managing fundraising events; and writing and designing Latino Union's member newsletter.
Interns will gain:
- Valuable experience in the field of non-profit financing and fundraising
- Successful fundraising, communications and design efforts to add to their resume and portfolio
- Experience in the grassroots immigrant workers’ rights movement
- Experience working in an influential, grassroots organizing and advocacy agency
- Insight into the non-profit structure and funding process
- Experience working with established nonprofit leaders and potential funders
Desired Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organization and time management skills; self-motivated; excellent computer research skills. Bilingual preferred, but not necessary (English/Spanish)
- Be competent writers, and researchers with sound computer skills and a strong ability to organize information
- Have a strong commitment to immigrant rights, the ability to solve problems with limited direction and the ability to work independently as well as in groups
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 6 hours a week for 3-6 months
- Latino Union seeks candidates who are available during the normal 9-5 work week.