Mission: The Latino Union of Chicago collaborates with low-income immigrant workers to develop the tools necessary to collectively improve their social and economic conditions.
Role: We are looking for a kid's program volunteer or intern for kids ages 3-13 who come regularly with their parents to classes and community events. Duties include providing child care during classes and other activities, and collaborating on relevant curriculum for the children.
- Regular availability
- Bilingual Spanish and English
- Experience working with children
- Interest in community organizing, social justice, learning from a working class immigrant community
Volunteers will gain:
- Experience in education and curriculum building
- Experience working in an influential, grassroots organizing and advocacy agency
- A community committed to learning and living together
All volunteers will be interviewed and assessed not just for their certifications, but for cultural competency and fit with Latino Union's unique ESL program and community organizing model.
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours/week