Would you like to gain experience teaching English and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors? Volunteer as a teacher, classroom assistant or one-on-one tutor with Minnesota Literacy Council's Learning Center on Lowry Ave in North East Minneapolis!
We have a need for AM and PM ESL teachers at this time. The time commitment is one morning per week (~3 hours per week), for a minimum of four months. We have a variety of opportunities available. Below are some of the positions available, but we are flexible and would love to have you volunteer with us!
*Be a one-to-one tutor, all levels, Monday and Wednesday, 10 am - noon. Positions available now!
*Co-teach one of the following ESL classes from 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.:
- Monday Pre-beginning class
- Wednesday Pre-beginning class
- Thursday Pre-beginning class
*Teach one of the following ESL classes from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.:
- Monday Pre-beginning
- Wednesday Adavanced class
- Thursday Beginning class
Volunteer teachers and assistants work weekly with enthusiastic groups of learners. Curriculum, textbooks, and other materials for lesson preparation are provided. You'll gain valuable experience while making a lasting difference in the life of an adult learner. No previous teaching experience or foreign language proficiency required. A required training is provided.
For more information, please contact Liam Shramko at email@example.com or call 651-251-9060.
After expressing interest a coordinator will contact you to provide directions for this opportunity.
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum of Four Months
- Volunteers must commit to one morning per week (3 hours)
- Help adults gain essential...
- Help adults study for the GED!...
- Book Processing Project
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Book Processing Volunteers
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...
- Help your neighbors build...