Facilitate workshops or seminars quarterly to offer support and assistance with specific issues and individualized coping strategies.
Essential duties include:
- Working with clients of Friends Assoc; individuals, families, and groups to provide counseling, address mental and emotional disorders and to promote mental health; make referrals to specialists as needed.
- Working one on one with parents on parenting skills.
- Coaching parents to help them address and respond to their children more effectively at home.
Qualifications and Skills required include:
- Must be a trained/licensed professional with a valid license in any of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Psychiatric nursing, Marriage and family counseling or Clinical social work.
-Demonstrated understanding of the social and interpersonal dynamics of poverty and homelessness (including knowledge of substance abuse, domestic violence and child custody issues)
- Must have experience working with young children; knowledge of culturally relevant services in the community; knowledge of treatment in the areas of child behavior management and family crisis intervention; ability to work with families and staff; ability to provide emergency counseling, treatment and referral.