Facilitate workshops or seminars quarterly to offer support and assistance with specific issues and individualized coping strategies.
Essential duties include:
- Working with clients of Friends Assoc; individuals, families, and groups to provide counseling, address mental and emotional disorders and to promote mental health; make referrals to specialists as needed.
- Working one on one with parents on parenting skills.
- Coaching parents to help them address and respond to their children more effectively at home.
Qualifications and Skills required include:
- Must be a trained/licensed professional with a valid license in any of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Psychiatric nursing, Marriage and family counseling or Clinical social work.
-Demonstrated understanding of the social and interpersonal dynamics of poverty and homelessness (including knowledge of substance abuse, domestic violence and child custody issues)
- Must have experience working with young children; knowledge of culturally relevant services in the community; knowledge of treatment in the areas of child behavior management and family crisis intervention; ability to work with families and staff; ability to provide emergency counseling, treatment and referral.
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours a month for at least 6 months
- Background check and two references, plus an orientation or training.
- Light Cleaning at Family...
- Academic Tutor
- Communications and Development...
- Driver for clients
- Bring a smile to a mother's face!
- Communications/Social Media Intern
- Children's Activity Coordinator
- First Friday Construction Crew
- Donation Coordinator
- Welcome new families with a...
- Volunteer Management Internship
- Create a Birthday Party for a...
- Plumbing Volunteer
- Team Building for non-profits,...
- Media Production Specialist
- Movers and Shakers
- Newsletter Editor
- Volunteer Management Intern
- Events Manager