Did you know that April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Come out to support the abused and neglected children in Fairfax County. Run, Walk, or Volunteer! Help us behind the scenes at Fairfax CASA's Run for the Children 8K Race and 3K Run/Walk! It’s a great way to give back to the community and meet others.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Grounds Set-Up & Clean- Up- Great for community service hours. With this opportunity you can run and volunteer.
- Packet Pick-Up- Check in runners/walkers, collect funds, hand out t-shirts & goodie bags, register new runners/walkers (Thursday/Friday/Day of Race)
- Bag Check-(17 and under must have adult present)
- Course Marshal- It will be your responsibility to keep the runners on course, restrain vehicle traffic, call 911 in case of an emergency, and add to the festive atmosphere by cheering the runners on. (Must be 18 or older)
- Water Station- Hand out water cups on race grounds (17 and under must have adult present).
- People Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment