It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
3039 Avenue UBrooklyn, NY 11229
- Visit patients in their homes and in facilities offering companionship and a chance to reminisce
- Read books, newspapers and other favorites to people when they aren’t able themselves
- Assist with small errands for the patient and family.
- Share their talents and gifts... Play Music, sing, draw at bedside of patient, create photo albums, knitt blankets and more.
- Provide patient the opportunity to tell his/her life story through the use of video, (if patient or caregiver has one available), audio and/or the written word.
- Office Volunteers assist office staff with basic tasks such as copying and filing, helping with web research, spreadsheets and more.
- Contribute to volunteer newsletter keeping volunteers and staff in tune with the Hospice Volunteer Program’s activities.
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Relationship Building
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, would perfer a minimum of twice a month.
- Annual physical includding PPD.
Report this opportunity