Are you a Veteran? Great lakes Caring Hospice is part of the We Honor Vets program and is looking for veterans to assist with our Veteran Pinning Ceremonies where we honor our hospice patients who have served this great country. Before they leave this earth we want to make sure they know that their service was appreciated.
We do Veteran Pinning Ceremonies with our patients individually. We go to their home, surrounded by their family, to pin the American Flag on them. We need volunteers who are or once was part of the military. With you there it makes these ceremonies extra special.
Time: Usually during the day for about 30 minutes.
How Often: We perform pinnings approximately 2-3 per month.
We also have special group pinnings for nursing homes during Memorial Day and Veteran's Day.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, at 800-379-1600, ext. 3523.
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, day & evening
- Own transportation
- Pay It Forward With Hospice!
- COLLEGE STUDENTS Volunteer with...
- Spice Up Your Resume with the...
- DAY TIME HOURS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- Record a Hospice Patient's Life...
- RICHMOND AREA VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- VIGIL - NO PATIENT DIES ALONE!
- Help Someone. Change a Life -...
- ***Help Us With Veteran Pinning...
- ***FT. GRATIOT AREA VOLUNTEERS...